Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stopping and Staring

One problem faced over at network ministries was trying to teach a specific curriculum, but getting pulled off to a tangent by constant off topic questions. When I taught the intro to the Internet course to an elderly man, he constantly asked questions related to other programs on the computer. He was taking computer courses at City College and was asking questions related about that class to me. I did not want to seem rude and not answer the question, but I needed to stay with the curriculum, too. At first it irritated me, but in the end it was OK because he was pretty knowledgeable about the internet already. He really didn't need to get taught the class. He was just sitting in. I guess I followed the E in the DUE process too well.

No comments: